You are cordially invited to the University of Evansville's 46th annual Family Weekend!
We look forward to welcoming you to campus from September 26 - 28
! You can register online
, by phone at 812-488-2586, or by mail with the registration form included in the August newsletter. Be sure to check in once you arrive on campus (students may check in for their parents).
This year there are many exciting events schedules for Family Weekend! Click here
to see the full Schedule of Events.
Please make sure to come and enjoy the free continental breakfast on Saturday morning.
Meet other UE parents at the second Parents Social later that night!
Meet the deadline and register to attend Family Weekend 2014
before September 14, you will be entered into a drawing for a one-night free stay at a local hotel! Questions? Contact the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations at 812-488-2586 or 800-423-8633, ext. 2586, or by e-mail at UeParentRelations@evansville.edu
Many of the local hotels offer special, discounted rates for families visiting UE, so make sure to ask when you make your reservation. Click here
for more information.
The Office of Admission is hosting its annual summer Open House on Saturday, July 12. If you have family members, friends, or neighbors who could benefit from a visit to campus, please encourage them to attend. They will join other prospective students in learning about study abroad programs, discussing scholarship opportunities, touring campus, and enjoying lunch on campus. They can register online
or by calling the Office of Admission at 800-423-8633, ext. 2468
The University of Evansville Parent Handbook is now available online ONLY! Go to the parents website to see all the information and resources available to UE parents. To view or download a copy of the Parent Handbook, you can go directly to the resource page by clicking here.
- Leading Edge Alumni (parents and friends) Guiding the University of Evansville is a network of alumni, parents, and friends of the University who help with student recruitment.
- Parents can offer a great perspective of the University to prospective students and their parents. As a LEAGUE volunteer, you will be enhancing students' access to UE within your local community.
- LEAGUE volunteers serve as UE representatives at college fairs when a UE admission counselor may not be available. Volunteers may also represent UE at high school scholarship nights, write notes or letters to prospective students, telephone prospective parents and answer those parent-to-parent questions, and share their UE experiences.
- If you are interested in learning more about the LEAGUE program and getting involved as a volunteer, please click here.
Financial Aid Notification packets have now been mailed to returning UE students whose files are complete. Awards may also be viewed on WebAdvisor at webadvisor.evansville.edu. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid so that we can help you understand the award and what is needed to complete your file.
Your student's WebAdvisor record will indicate the status of each type of aid he or she has received and if further action is required to finalize the aid. Please return all required documents as soon as possible so aid can be applied to the fall bill. The Office of Students Accounts will make the fall bill available on WebAdvisor on July 15. E-mail notification of the bill will be sent to the student's UE e-mail and other e-mails designated by the student. Your students must grant your access to WebAdvisor so you can view the student's financial aid and billing information.
Questions? Financial Aid - 812-488-2364, 800-424-8634, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Accounts - 812-488-2565 or email@example.com
WebAdvisor Help - 812-488-2077 or WAassist@evansville.edu
Twenty-one percent of current UE parents donated to the Parents' Fund during the 2013-14 fiscal year (June 2013 to May 2014)!
Our new goal for 2014-15 is 25 percent participation - and we already have a head start thanks to the current and graduated UE parents who have donated to the Parents' Fund *
- David and Jami Carlson
- Jon and Camilla Gehring
- Mark and Debra Martin
- Craig and Tracy Pease
* As of the time of the e-newsletter publishing
Parents' Fund gifts offer UE students financial assistance and scholarships, strong educational environment, top-notch faculty and staff, and excellent facilities, campus resources, and programs! Your involvement is so important. To learn more about the Parents' Fund and show your support, please click here, contact Scott Gilreath at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 812-488-2429. Make a gift online.
- Two UE Scholarships Benefiting Dubois County Residents Announced: The creation of two University of Evansville scholarships benefiting Dubois County, Indiana, residents was announced Friday, June 27, 2014, during a media event at OFS Brands ECO Center in Huntingburg, Indiana. Read More.
- Kohler, Thompson Receive MVC's Emerson Excellence Award: University of Evansville student-athletes James Kohler and Stephanie Thompson were announced as winners of the Missouri Valley Conference's postgraduate scholarship "Emerson Excellence Award." Read More.
- June 21, 2014 - UE Student Earns Prestigious Gilman Scholarship
- June 20, 2014 - UE Theatre Professor Receives 2014 Arts Educator Award
- June 12, 2014 - University of Evansville Civil Engineering Students Win 2014 NCEES Engineering Award for Fairfield Reservoir and Dam Project
- Thanks to a generous grant from the Lilly Foundation, the Center for Career Development and the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations are teaming up to plan numerous engaging networking events for the 2014-15 academic year. Be sure to keep an eye out for upcoming events throughout the state of Indiana that will connect students with alumni!
- Do you work for an organization that is actively seeking talented interns and employees? Have you been searching at the University of Evansville? The Center for Career Development is happy to help you in your search and would like to form a professional relationship with your organization. Take the first step in recruiting motivated and prepared talent from the University of Evansville by visiting our website.
- The 10th annual Student-Alumni Mentoring Program will kick off this September. If you know a student who would benefit from a professional mentoring relationship or are interested in serving as a mentor for a UE student, please click here for more information.
- As the parent of a high school student, choosing what to study and where to study are concerns you and your student have considered a lot lately. The Center for Career Development offers the Career Advantage Program to students who schedule an individual campus visit to assist in this important decision. Prospective students and their families are invited to discuss major options that fit an individual student's interests and abilities. Learn more on our website.
You are invited to the University of Evansville African American Alumni (UEAAA) Minority Freshman Welcome Reception for incoming freshman and their families
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Noon - 2:00 p.m.
Schroeder School of Business
Register online: www.uealumnionline.com/Welcome14